Wednesday, October 08, 2008

sketches - October 0808

Went to the drawing workshop at work last night, but that was not that great. The instructor was lecturing on facial expressions and so there were not a lot of figurative poses. Any figurative poses were only five minutes long, I decided to check out the walk-in drawing shop down at the Palo Alto Art Center, thinking that there would be hour long poses.

What I found out was that the longest poses were twenty minutes, way too short for me to really get a good drawing out or do a painting. There were quite a few people there, too, at least twenty five! I believe there's always two models working together on any given pose. What's good is that the sessions were only five bucks for the three hours that it goes on for - good if you want more practice. So, Supergoober, if you are up for that, let me know.

1 comment:

supergoober said...

I might be available Saturday. I'll let you know.