The beginning to the middle of last week totally sucked. I did not get a decent nights rest for over half the week and was tired and unfocused at work because of it. Well, I was also not really into work, I just feel like some thing's missing, but at least there is one thing at work that's starting to get me excited.
I am starting to get a little excited about all the positive reviews of Dead Space. Since I've been buried under the stress of making this game for the past year, I feel that this project has taken a lot out of me, and now that it's out in stores, It's good to see the fruits of that hard work finally paying off. It is just too bad that I was not able to create any extensive content on this project due to the constant supervision of the content team in Shanghai, but I am very proud of the work that they have done, and so have everyone else on the team.
Last weekend was full of physical activities. I was planning on a bike ride with some co-workers on Saturday, but that didn't happen due to other commitments that they had forgotten, and so I went riding by myself. Started from the abode and headed down Delaware towards Twenty Fifth Avenue. From Twenty Fifth Avenue, I then turned North on Palm Avenue, went through Central Park and then up Fifth Avenue to connect up with Crystal Springs Road. Crystal Springs Road meanders through a long valley and connects to Highway 35. From there, I took San Andrea Valley Road (Sawyer Camp trail) all the way North and exited at the top Hillcrest Boulevard, at which point I turned down Highway 35 to Millbrae Avenue, and coasted all the way down to almost reaching El Camino - that was totally awesome, I hit a top speed of about forty five miles an hour. From the bottom of Millbrae Avenue, I turned South, meandered through parallel streets all the way home. My ride was indicated by a GPS distance reading of twenty miles.
Sunday was a planned jog with another co-worker. In the morning I went through my usual routine in preparation for all my jogs, which is the consumption of at least two liters of water, and maybe an energy drink of some kind. After a few hours, I was totally hydrated. I find that if I do not hydrate, I will get cramps, and that totally ruins the jog. The co-worker dropped by a little after noon, and we headed back up to the start of Sawyer Camp Road. By the half way point, a little over three and a half miles, I had to take a break - my shins were tight and sore. After a quick restroom break, we headed back to the beginning. I told the co-worker to go on ahead because he was a much stronger jogger than me, I am a totally slow jogger, and I was totally dying by the time I had reached the beginning of the trail. I think I would have done better if it were not for the previous days ride.
Sunday was a planned jog with another co-worker. In the morning I went through my usual routine in preparation for all my jogs, which is the consumption of at least two liters of water, and maybe an energy drink of some kind. After a few hours, I was totally hydrated. I find that if I do not hydrate, I will get cramps, and that totally ruins the jog. The co-worker dropped by a little after noon, and we headed back up to the start of Sawyer Camp Road. By the half way point, a little over three and a half miles, I had to take a break - my shins were tight and sore. After a quick restroom break, we headed back to the beginning. I told the co-worker to go on ahead because he was a much stronger jogger than me, I am a totally slow jogger, and I was totally dying by the time I had reached the beginning of the trail. I think I would have done better if it were not for the previous days ride.
No comments:
Post a Comment