Monday, October 06, 2008

sketches - October 0608

Had a nice weekend. Went to a rave with the Raveboy and his other half and had a great time Saturday night. The music was fantastic and the sound setup was totally awesome. Have to go to more of these when the chance arises. Normally, I would indulge myself with some fire water, but did not due to the objections of the Wife - she does not like the smell of alcohol on me when I arrive home from a night of drinking. I can't really blame her, for I don't car for the smell or the after affects of alcohol on me either.

Sunday was a bar-b-q with the GM, his other half half, at a mutual friends' house. We grilled Salmon, oysters, spare ribs, and veges, mmmm, mmmmm. It was good. Beer and wine were also provided and of course, I have to partake in the liquid refreshments, heh, heh. Sunday night was good as well. Went sketching with the sketch friend at the local book store. We haven't sketch with one another for quite sometime, and it was good to catch up. There's a drawing workshop tomorrow night at work, as well as one in Palo Alto. I have made reminders in my calender every week and will try and follow up with either sketching or painting, but I'll need to do some recon to see if it's feasible to do painting in Palo Alto. As for painting at work, I'm quite positive that the people would not appreciate me stinking up the conference room with paint fumes, what little of it there is.

As for today, went to the art store during lunch and picked up a few more blank canvases. I have a nice collection of eight or ten of them that's been sitting on the printer, reminding me that they need to be used! At the end of the day, I had to make sure everything in my cube was packed up and ready to be moved - yes, I'm being moved, yet again, so tomorrow will be a half day at best. I'm also quite sure that I will move, again, in another six or ten months when the team gets larger, again, in preparation for full production - I'm not even going to bother with unpacking...

No comments: