Wednesday, December 23, 2009

sketches - December 2309

It's been too long since my last Christmas card, so I had to get some inspiration. My original idea was not panning out due to complexity - I wanted to do a kid cooking Christmas dinner and making a huge mess of the stove top, while trying to read a cook book on a music stand. I can see it in my head and needed to do some research for reference images, but ran out of time, so I'm resorting back to what I feel comfortable doing on such short notice - goofy kids, which I have a lot of fun drawing. We should come up with a children's book - any ideas, people!!! Hint, hint. Maybe I'll try something grander for a Christmas card next year.

This has been one hell of a year, as most of you may know. The tally comes to four people's parents that have past away, one thinking she had cancer, one moving away, two nearly died, lost one as a friend, close co-workers quitting to go to another company, shitty situation at work, depression. On the other hand, gained some new friends, got closer to others, a lot of self reflection and very thankful for all the good friends that I have and that everyone is in good health.

So quite a year, but nothing compared to what Leaded's gone through, going through. My thoughts are with you mank! I hope next year will be better for everyone, I really do. I'm keeping my fingers, toes and what ever else I can cross, crossed, as well as many other superstitious things, less the sacrificing of a living animal...or person?...too much, never mind. We are, after all, living in the twenty-first century where that does not occur, right? Somehow, I doubt that, we just call it war:p

1 comment:

Wayfarer said...

Next year HAS to be better for everyone. I'm ready fora little prosperity and some relatively easy sailing in my own life, as well as in yours, Leaded's, and everyone else's.

Happy holidays, buddy. See you soon.