Sunday, December 06, 2009

sketches - December 0609

Mine Got! What is this?!?! Another blog entry this soon?
I guess I must try and keep this shit up to save face. I got you guys into this and I failed to keep up. But it's just been one hell of a couple of years. Can't wait for it to be over!

So the classmate friend called me up earlier this week. We had not talked in many months. Life got busy for everyone. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!! Anyway, he wanted to see if I would be interested in going painting Saturday afternoon, and I said yes, otherwise I would never go out painting by myself. And so we went across the bay, North of Alameda, next to a port for container ships. By this time it was already after one, so there isn't a lot of light left, maybe two or three hours before the light just changes too fast to paint.

I have not painted in so long, that I had no confidence in myself to paint anything decent - I'm just not a very fast painter, so by the end, the painting kinda changed with the sunlight. But I don't know, I kinda like it.

1 comment:

Janice L-H said...

I like this painting, Stephen because it really describes the container & crane area of the port. I also very much liked your trellis at St. Vincent's in January. Hope to see you again at one of the NBPAP outings!