
033007
An eventful day
Saw the strangest accident this morning while taking the off ramp home. As I was approaching the off ramp, I could see something laying in the middle of the road. It was long and red and laid almost perpendicular to the road. The car in front of me avoided it by drifting left onto the shoulder. As I got near the object, I could see that it was an eight foot long folding ladder that sits about eight to ten inches off the ground. Now that's a dangerous object! I drifted onto the right shoulder and went past. As I looked into my rear view mirror, I saw the next car approach, but something didn't look right. The car didn't drift in any direction to avoid it and SMACKED right into it! My jaw dropped as I kept glancing up to the rear view mirror. The last thing I saw was the car stopping because the ladder had gotten stuck underneath the front bumper. The only thing running through my mind was "thank goodness that the car didn't flip or something", then the thought of "what an idiot!". How do you not see this huge red ladder in the middle of the road? Obvious the driver was not paying attention to the driving, for if that driver was, he would have had plenty of time to see two other cars avoiding something in the middle of the off ramp. That's going to be a fun one to explain to the highway patrol and the insurance company; "How did you not see the big ladder sitting in the middle of the road...." hahahahaha
While at lunch with some co-workers, I find out that some contractors working on the Simpsns game will not have their contracts renewed. That was surprising, for we need all the help we can get if we're going to make the Alpha deadline in June. And the explanations that I was given was that the project is already over budget due to the many senior staff members that's been brought on after the lay-off last month, DOH!. I guess people will have to work a little harder with the cut in the production staff - like people are not already doing that?
Later on in the afternoon, a surprise party was put together by some members of the Godfather, and Simpsons team in celebration for their five year anniversary working for the company. I was one of the three guests of honer. There was a cake and the free gift that one gets for sticking around for so long, hahaha. I chose a Bushnell telescope from among the many gift available. So, all in all, a good day, Sure would be nice to have more of them:p

032907

032807

032707
It's late and I'm driving home past eleven tonight. I am tired and as I'm stopping at a stop light, I see steam coming up out of the hood. "This is not good", as I think to myself and remembers that the Discourser is also having some car trouble. My only thought was that it's not a head gasket!!! That would be extremely inconvenient at this time. When I got home, I popped the hood and look. At first I could not figure out where the leak's coming from, for it's way towards the firewall. With closer inspection with a flashlight and the engine running, I see a small stream of coolant pissing on the exhaust manifold from where the radiator hose connects to the heater coil. At least it's not a head gasket! The fix will have to wait til the weekend - how bloody inconvenient.....so tired, need sleep

032607
It was an absolute lazy weekend and it's still lingering around as evident of my arrival to work at 10:30 in the morning. Normally, core hours are ten to six, but the past few weeks have me violating that core. This is quite embarrassing for I only live five minutes from work. To recap, Friday night was a night of heavy drinking to celebrate a co-workers' departure to his old job at EA Chicago. He transferred here two years ago because his girlfriend lives in the area, but with a recent break-up, there's no reason for him to stay. He misses his old friends and job in Chicago, so a transfer was requested and granted. I'm sure he will be much happier there. Here's to you Scott, we'll miss you. I didn't get home until five in the morning due to another co-worker who could not drive home. We went to a local Denny's where he sobered up with some food. I was so tired the next morning that I skipped painting and lounged around the rest of the day watching the tube. Sunday was clean-up day and now it's Monday and I'm still tired. Time to start going down that java road for recovery.

032507

032407

032307

032207
Did some jogging for the first time toady since I was sick, and let me tell you, it was hard. A co-worker and I try to jog at least twice a week for the past few months and it's not getting any easier! By the last mile, I was dying. My lungs and nostrils were on fire and I wanted to stop so badly, but I had to finish. You see, I've been peer pressured into join the Bay-to-Breakers this year, and if I'm going to run it, I'm going to need some serous training, hahahaha.

032107
Routine of the week; get to work at ten in the morning, leave ten at night, blog, sleep, repeat. Soo tired.

032007

031907

031807

031707

031607

031507
It's a happy day!

031407
Had a slight sore throat on Sunday and knew that I might have caught a cold or something. Went to work Monday morning as usual, by mid day I was feeling a little light headiness and a slight nausea. I guess what was going around the office had finally mugged me around a corner and put me down worth a vengeance. I've had colds before, but this was nothing I'd ever experienced, hence the term "flue" comes to mind. Told my manager that I was not feeling well and went home. Three hours passed and the symptoms got worse. My entire body and joints ached and my skin was super sensitive, even my hair hurt! Took some medication and went to bed. I was out like a light for almost twenty four hours. I awoken completely soaked in sweat and still weak and sore. I tried going back into work around three in the afternoon, but still felt like crap, and had to leave again two hours later. Again, medication and more sleep, and again totally soaked upon awaking. But felt much better. I think the worst is finally over.



031107

031007

030907
Interesting day toady. Woke up around 6:30AM and could not get back to sleep, instead watched some TV and didn't get to work til 10:30AM. Better not do that too often, heh. Had lunch with the art team and the art manager paid for it! Awesome! 6:30 came around and the fire alarm went off for a fire drill, so I didn't stick around.

030807

030707

030607
Why am I so tried of late? There's only a couple of reasons that I can think of, none of which is good or healthy.
Reason one: I have been bingeing on ice cream for the past few weeks, so much so that it's scaring me. I've gained five or six pounds because of it. Since I do not usually eat ice cream in such mass quantities, I may be experiencing fatigue as a result of coming down from the "sugar high". Ice cream is my weakness and It's usually hard to refuse that quart in the freezer, hence, I'm not buying anymore! This binging may also be caused by reason two.
Reason two: Burned out from work causing a mental fatigue. It's been hard getting up everyday to go to work. The moment I am awakened by the alarm clock, I lay in my warm bed and all I want to do is to have that "last dream" before getting up. I've been finding my dreams of late to be quite enjoyable because they're just very bizarre. Of course I don't remember what they are a few hours later, but I do remember that feeling of fascination along with fading bits and pieces. This is not good because I've been getting to work way past the "core hours" of ten to six. Once, I even emailed in saying I'll be "in around "11". This definitely don't look good to my new manager, but due to the fact that this next game is also on a fast track for a November release, Alpha's in June. Late nights are already adding up, and sleep has been lacking.

030507

030407

030307

030207

030107

eason
1 comment:
awesome
Post a Comment