Thursday, February 01, 2007

a sketch a day - February

022807


022707


022607


022507


022407
The past few weeks had gone by so fast that my head's still spinning. It's still spinning a little as I try and steady it with both hands much like an egg-delicate. With the new assignment on a new team, requires a relocation to another cube in cube land. This migration is usually annual. But the term "annual" may not necessarily be on a yearly bases. What I mean is that if there are three projects that end in different parts of the year, you may need to move three times; once for each time you get shipped to "help" with "CRUNCH" mode. If you are lucky enough where you can stay on the same team that just went Final, then you don't have to move. That is, until management decides it's time to consolidate the reminder of the "team" into a more compact area for ease of "communication". Due to this constant migration, an entire staff is on-hand to move peoples' contents from cube to cube on the cubical frontier. But because of the speed of the change from my finished project to my new assignment, it was too late to schedule my move. It takes time. Time they do no want to wait for. So that means I had to move myself! This would be easy if I was a new recruit, coming into the company with nothing in my cube except the equipment I was issued. Of course, I'm not. I've been here a few years and let me tell you, shit accumulates at an alarming rate. Shit you bring from home for decoration, shit around from the office supply cabinet, and shit people give you. I have many boxes....., and a freakin heavy thirty-two inch tube TV. Needless to say, after two days of moving (myself), I was freakin tired. On top of that, I had to learn the a new art pipeline, and get used to doing things quite differently, in terms of art style, and for artwork. It's going to be a long year:-I I don't bother unpacking boxes much anymore, they just get stacked into a corner waiting for me to, one day, siff through and organize with a garbage can.


022307


022207


022107


022007


021907
For the past week, I have been physically and mentally tired and don't want to do anything except sleep. Somehow, I'm going to have to get over this, otherwise I'll go insane.


021807
Happy New Year!


021707


021607


021507


021407


021307


021207


021107


021007
First week back to work and I've already hit the ground running. No slow ramp up here! No sooner then getting set up for working on the Simpsons game and already have things due Monday and Tuesday. It's a sink or swim situation and I need to scramble to get used to the new art pipeline. Not much of a challenge, artistic wise, every thing's been establish for the past decade or so, hahaha:-I I'll need to go into work today and try and finish some things up. It's a rainy day, anyway.


020907


020807
I was in a meeting yesterday with the new team that I was assigned to, and the manager was trying to put every ones mind at ease about the big lay-off. It's funny, because I didn't quite get what he was saying at first because he was using a new term for the lay-off - "RIF". I kept thinking to myself, "RIF"? What the hell is that? Then it hit me, oh "RIF", as in "reduction in force"? How freakin stupid! So instead of calling it what it is, a little spin was put to it. It's interesting the progression from the word "fired" to "Lay-off" and now "RIF". And now I have to go because I smell my dinner burning on the stove from this little distraction, DOH!


020707
A dark day has descended from the heavens!

As I walked into work today, something was amiss. I could not quite place that feeling until I reached my floor and into the development area. There, like the bad omens that sometimes are, lay tall stacks of collapsed filing boxes. Then it dawns on me what that feeling was - the security doors were not locked! There was not the usual metallic "click" from the unlocking of the security doors after the passing of my badge. This is the day the axe drops and heads rolled out the doors. It's a sad day, indeed, for among the carnage were several people that I have gotten to know and one I consider a friend. And of course, it's freakin raining! What symbolic timing that is.


020607


020507


020407
What a busy weekend! Saturday was an all day event of hanging out with long time friends at one of their houses. This was all good, except that I didn't quite expect it to go on for as long as it did. From an Early start of around three thirty in the afternoon, I'd expected that it would end around ten or eleven. This way, I can actually go home and sleep because I had signed up for a 5K run early the next day. I needed the sleep because I had to get up around five AM so as to catch a ride into the city with a friend, who's also running in this event. But it didn't end that early. By the time I got home and into bed, it was one thirty in the morning. A four hour sleep was the only amount I got. When we got to the parking area off the Great Highway around six-thirty, The parking area was practically full. That's just so crazy! The race does not start for another hour-and-a-half and already people were showing up in masses. With the race completed, and brunch eatted, I got home around one-thirty in the afternoon, I was quite tired and dozed off for three hours before waking up and did nothing for the rest of the night. Tomorrow is back to work day. It was a good week, let's hope I make it through the coming storms at work.


020307


020207


020107

No comments: