Sunday, April 01, 2007

a sketch a day - April

043007


042907


042807
This has been one hell of a geeky night. The calling of GOG was voiced earlier in the week by the goober, and for a few days, his call seemed to be unanswered. By tonight, the calling was answered my most of the group. Indeed, the quest for the Retrieval was answered by eight of the eleven. Not too shabby as we once again gather to partake in the interactive story telling in the land of Rokugan. This, I'd have to say is one of the best socializing events any group of friends can have - all sharing in one epic story guided by the Masters of the imaginative world. Truly lots of fun. Can't believe we still do this after over twenty plus years. Hats off to everyone.


042707


042607
This week sucks. Work's been quite stressful for we are heading into another mile stone for next week. Today's been particularly bad because my mind is burnt out. I find myself staring at the monitor half the day and can't figure out what I want to do. I just want the concept guys to give me what I need to do, so I don't need to think. That, unfortunately, is not going to happen for our concept guys suck at this type of game. It's very stylized so unless you know the subject matter, you're just not going to "get it". So it's going to be extremely hard work all the way til the end. I feel a nervous breakdown coming soon...


042507
Yeah, I'm a slug...and not a pretty one at that...


042407
I am tired from a thirteen hour day. Put it in a bubble head and blow it away!


042307
I am so tired. This fact is due to me staying up till three in the morning last night watching a DVD that a friend loaned me. I was hooked and had to finish the six hours of an excellent miniseries called "The Lost Room". This was a show put on by the Sci-Fi channel last year and had good reviews. The story centers around a police detective who accidentally comes across an object called "the key", which is an object from a mysterious room that no longer exists in this time and space, but can be accessed by "the key" from any door. Once inside the "room", one can go anywhere from the room's door to anywhere in the world as long as there's a door there. When you leave the room, it resets itself back to its original state. For a good description of the show, look here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lost_Room
This is definitely a DVD purchase for me, so any of you GOGs wants to check it out when I get it, let me know. Of course there's holes and unanswered details for the picky bastards, but a good show, non the less. Sleepy time.


042207
The drawing session at Border's tonight was quite disappointing. The first one below was not too bad, but I can't say that's was the case for the rest of the night. I just could not get the shapes right and was quite nervous about people catching me looking their way. I can just hear them thinking; "Why is that weirdo constantly sneaking peeks at me? Weirdo!" Then giving me a dirty look. I guess I just didn't feel it.


042107


042007


041907
Day of recovery.
Took the day off and stayed in bed to nurse the lousy cold that I caught. As much as I hate colds, I hate lingering colds. I remember having colds before and they would linger for weeks. Seems like now that I've been exercising more, colds go away much faster than before. Sometimes less than a week. Too bad we can't eradicate the bug for good. Back to bed.


041807
Cought a cold. This really, really sucks...therefore, I'm going to be pumpping myseft up with cold meds and visiting Mr. Sandman. Oh, yeah! And the blogger uploader seems to be busted, wonderful.


041707


041607


041507


041407
I haven't ran for over a week and a half because I had shin splints. Apparently it was caused by my running shoes, which seems kinda strange since I bought them a little over six months ago. I found this out when I asked the person at the running store, he informed me that shoes get worn out in six months. That just blows because shoes are kin of expensive. They cost around a hundred dollars! Since I'm going to be running in the Bay to Breakers next month, I bit the bullet and purchased new shoes. And so, yesterday, I gave them a test run during lunch. The thing with jogging for me is that I need to totally prepare for it hours in advance. You can call it a handicap of sorts, for I have to get hydrated with at least two liters of water, otherwise I'll get cramps because of under-hydration - not a good feeling! For yesterday, I also "carbed-up" with scones and ten minutes before the run, drank a can of Red Bull. By the time I started my run, I was jittery with sugar and carbs. I took along a portable GPS that I borrowed from a friend and an MP3 player to past the time. Normally, a co-worker and I would take a familiar route around the man made lake near work and then do an extended route when we feel we needed a longer run. This time, I will know exactly how long our run is. So off I went with Dream Theater's "Images and Words" (one of the best CDs ever!) playing through sound isolating SHURE ear buds. When I reached the end of the normal loop back to work, the GPS indicated four miles! (I always thought the distance was a little over three and a half miles.) Good deal! I decided to continue on with the extended route. By the end of that loop, I was totally drained. The GPS indicated five point three miles total, which is a little over two miles short of the seven and a half miles for Bay to Breakers. Total time for the run was around fifty two minutes and which was the full length of the CD. I'm going to have to keep doing this route during the week, and then maybe the full length on the weekend. This jogging never seems to get any easier, hahahaha.


041307


041207


041107


041007
I actually had a break today from work. I actually went home at six o'clock, which was actually a nice change from the many weeks of ten to twelve hour days. But this also kinda threw me because I almost felt like I didn't know what to do with the extra few hours of free time. But it was nice. More work on the next box for next Monday. I'm trying not to get too carried away, but I just can't help it sometimes. This one's going to be somewhat of a rushed job, but I'm liking it.


040907


040807


040707


040607


040507


040407
Today was one of those days when nothing went right and you just want to tear your hair out! Things broke or were just not working right. objects that were made didn't quite work, so it was a mad dash to get them fixed so the designer can finish up the level we're working on. Maya kept crashing several times while fixing collision geo, the work I did was lost., The dev kit died a horrible red button of death, and the loaner my manager gave me wasn't set up right and a lot of time went into getting it up to date. I'm tired and I'm grumpy. Hope tomorrow's a better day!


040307


040207


040107

No comments: