112906

112806

112706

112606

112506

112406

112306

112206

112106

112006

111906

111806

111706

111606
"Lonelyness, I feel loneliness in my room"

111506

111406

111306
Lost Data
It's strange to be thinking about the lost of a hard drive. All those data lost due to a mechanical, or electronic failure. All that data that's been building up over the lifetime of the drive. New data at times, every single day of the week, are gone, unless you have back-up procedures in place. Which gets me thinking: Death sucks. It sucks, because all that knowledge and experience that one person have collected, "data", through out his life, is lost forever. Only small, incoherent interpretations are ever left in the forms of photographs and letters and memories. Memories of that person will eventually disappear by the continuing life cycle. As friends and family pass away, the memories of that person fades away. All that "data" lost. No one will ever hear a brilliant musician play, see a talented artist paint, and no one will discover who he or she is at a later time because there's just no data on him or her. What a shame.

111206

111106

111006
So, I'm teaching a co-worker friend to bowl last night and he was doing pretty good. It was the last frame of the second game and I think he was getting the hang of it. First ball...gutter! I can only shake my head. Second ball...SPARE! Woohoo! The score was ninety eight. Only two pins needed and he'll break a hundred. The tension mounts! He steps up and throws the ball! A GUTTER BALL! Mr. Choke city. I can only shake my head in disbelief.

110906

110806

110706
For Some reason, I had this urge to go bowling tonight. What a strange urge it was. The last time I went bowling was about a month ago for the "wrap-up" party for the completion of the port of Godfather to the 360. You know the company's pinching pennies when you have a wrap party in a bowling alley. Don't get me wrong, it was fun, but it surely was not like the previous wrap parties where you go to a fancy restaurant with an open bar, or tickets to circ de sole, or, well, you get the point. Anyway, I went bowling. I'd decided to go to Bel Mateo Bowl, even though I knew that they had synthetic lanes instead of natural wood lanes. You see there's a big difference between the two. When I started bowling decades ago, there were nothing but natural wood lanes, and so the ball that I purchased back then was made for wood lanes. But since the bowling industry switched to synthetic plastic lanes, the way my ball reacts is totally different. Instead of hooking the way I would expect on natural lanes, my ball just slides and goes straight. What's the fun of that? So my expectation was not too high for a high score this night. But to my surprise, the lanes were not too bad. Why? Because they had very little oil on them, so I was able get some hook to my throws, hee, hee. First game was a decent 170, second was a 184, and the last game was a 201. It's only a little above average, but at least I got a two hundred, woohoo! I guess Tuesday nights are specials at Bel Mateo, because it's twelve bucks for three games. Each additional game cost only one dollar, plus it's also a dollar for Miller Lites and two dollars for Sam Adams. Needless to say, I had a couple of beers!

110606

110506

110406

110306
It's Alpha today. As the definition goes, everything that's supposed to be in the, should be in the game. But as is always the case, it gets pushed back due to failures. So that means another few days as the testers go in and verify the contents. Content lock is the 17th, but we have to help out the outsourcing company hit their milestone for the WII port. The WII is interesting in terms of it's simplicity, i.e., it's just a Game Cube with a little more memory and a little faster processor. Nitendo is totally laughing all the way to the bank for that console is, I'm sure, cheap to produce unlike the next-gen consoles. I have to say that I'm not entirely convinced the new controller they are putting out is "all that" It's quite an interesting concept to play a game with motions and gestures, but to do that for hours is quite another thing. I think some games will lend itself quite well to the new system, like fishing or tennis, and maybe driving. But I guess we'll see if it's the way to go.

110206
Tired, soooo tired...

110106
No comments:
Post a Comment