
103006
Charlie Brown, hahahahahaha! The stories that you come up with are just funny as hell, Dan. We have to get together and do some stories with illustrations, hahaha. Who knows, maybe it could get published and get big, heh, heh.

102906

102806
I'm on 101 south, driving home from today's painting workshop. As I was changing lanes at seventy miles an hour around the bend before the top of the hill, towards the tunnel that leads down to the Golden Gate, I felt a certain vagueness in my steering wheel. Interesting, I thought, because it felt like I was turning on water. Something was definitely wrong. Fist thing comes to mind - a flat! As I listened to that distinct sound of flapping rubber against asphalt, nothing. "great" I thought to myself, no worries? I kept on listening, and sure enough, a faint rattling starts to appear, and as the seconds tick by, the louder it got! That was not good, for I'm rapidly approaching the tunnel entrance at great seep and no shoulder to pull over to. By the time I entered the tunnel and slowed down, with my hazard lights flipped on, that faint sound moments ago was like a machine gun on full auto. Nice. I only had a flat tire once before, and that was years ago while driving down to school on highway five, in the middle of the night, in the middle of nowhere, cold and pitched black. At least time it's during daylight. Once out of the tunnel at a speed of twenty miles an hour, I pull over. I get out and find the front right tire smoking and tattered. Good thing I had a spare, though it's a worn one, and under inflated, too. Tire change went without a hitch and off I go to a service station to inflate the spare to proper pressure, and then home. Another unexpected expenditure before the coming holidays! Thank goodness that's all that happen and I didn't spin out of control in an old convertible without a roll bar.

102706

102606

102506

102406

102306
So it's two week to art lock and I am practically done with my scheduled tasks. All that's left are a series of overlays to be placed inside of an interior space. I feel kind of bad for I am not staying as late as some of my co-workers do every night till around ten or eleven. I guess I also feel a little guilty because I fought tooth and nail for the designers to "scope down" what they wanted because I thought what they want was too much for the time allotted. Actually, no, I don't. I'm a bit burned out and it's hard enough to go to work everyday as is:p

102206
Very tired today after a very long night fiddling with a friends' guitar till four in the morning. He has an 80's Japanese Strata and it's in pretty bad shape. I borrowed this guitar from him with the intention of giving it a total "tune-up". I could not bare to see such an instrument in such bad condition. From the initial inspection, I found that grime has collected in all nooks and crannies and the frets are tarnished and worn. An after market Floyd Rose tremolo was retro-fitted onto the existing tremolo posts. Since the center line of the original posts were not made for the Floyd Rose, some grinding was done to one of the tremolo blades to make it fit. Not a pretty sight for the strings did not align quite the way they should be on a standard guitar. After removal of the old strings and tremolo, I noticed that there were davits in the area between the two tremolo posts. This seems kind of strange for they looked like davits for where the screws would go for a vintage style Fender tremolo. Upon closer inspection, I realized that the davits were made by the string saddle screws protruding from the bottom of the tremolo. The davits were there because the Floyd Rose was screwed down too tight to the body, which defeats the whole purpose of a "floating" tremolo, hahaha. No wonder he had a hard time with keeping the guitar in tune. Next was the clean-up of the fret board. I had to use a tooth brush to scrub out the many years of sweat and grime that had built up around the frets. A coat of fret oil afterwards gave it the shine and color it was missing. The rest of the cleaning went well. Now the time consuming part begins - tuning. Since I had a Floyd Rose tremolo before, I knew how difficult they are to tune, but once tuned, you never really need to touch it again. Anyway, the tuning was long, but went fine. The most difficult part was adjusting the bow of the neck, which normally would not be difficult if not for the retro-fitted string locks that were screwed right in front of the hole accessing the truss rod screw. Now it's tuned and intonated. The only problem now is some buzzing of the strings in certain spots due to excessive wear, but that can be fixed by redressing the frets by a professional luthier. This Strat is interesting in the fact that I've never seen one with a humber and just a volume nob and nothing else:-I It's a long day. Time to sleep.

102106

102006
Boy, too tired and can't think of an interesting costume to draw. Bummer.

101906

101806
As with any new cycle of development in the video game industry, the old gets rotated out. It is quite sad, and yet laughable to see the growing piles of PS2 and Xbox development hardware in corners here and there throughout the building. I say it's laughable because these PS2 dev stations sported a hefty price tag of twenty g's a pop! And of course the new ones are not that much cheaper, and yet, not as elegant. The new PS3 dev stations look like hardware from the original Star Trek TV show. Quite a contrast is the Xbox dev stations which look exactly like their retail counter part, just cost twenty times more. Since everything is developed for HD, old standard TVs are also thrown into the grave yard piles. I'd imagine that they will be sold to third world nations like so many of our other garbage. How very sad.

101706

101606

101506

101406

101306
Wow! It's the thirteenth of October, all ready? Where did the time go? The days are flying by fast and I don't know where they went. I need more time to do things!

101206

101106

101006
The tension mounts as the days getting longer and longer. I wish I can just hypnotize myself to stay awake longer to do my own work, but I can't. I'm too sleepy.

100906

100806
As the days of October go by, I get the sense that I need a very long vacation. I can't concentrate on work or anything that requires me to interface with a computer. I surely donÃÂÃÂÂÃÂÃ’t want to stay late to do work like my co-workers, who are fairly fresh and new to the industry. IÃÂÃÂÂÃÂÃ’ve decided to choose my battles instead of fighting every one. All I do is stair into its phosphorescent glow and see every simple task become difficult to do. And, yes, think about playing the guitar. And I know I'm getting into trouble when I keep bidding on crap on ebay for the hell of it. I think this is burnout. I think it's time to check out of the rat race at the end of November and do something more creative and challenging to recharge the drained battery that is my brain.

100706

100607
This was a cute little costume I saw when I was at school. It's pretty cool

100506

100406
Tired, so tired.

100306

100206

100106
No comments:
Post a Comment