Friday, September 01, 2006

a sketch a day - September

093006
Crazy, insane German woman is taking my friend to the cleaners. List of demands, from what I hear, is five g's a month plus a car! WTF? All that after only three months of marriage and now wants a divorce? Quite a shocker after, going back to his house in Germany while working here for three months, to find her things gone and a lawyer waiting for him. Every one is quite shocked and can not fathom WHY??? We all hope that he can fight this and get through this ludicrous and confusing time.


092906
Five weeks and counting before the, so called "art lock", and another two weeks after that to "content lock". If it's anything like this week, I'm in big trouble, for this week went by way too fast. What the hell happened? If only I can slow down time so I don't feel so rushed, and tired on top of that.


092806


092706
As the launch of the PS3 approaches, news of a price cut by Sony is in the air. And not only that, the entry level system will have HDMI output. Maybe the loud complaints from the gaming community has reached Sony's high level ears? Who knows? All I have to say is "Go 360!" woo hoo! For Sony fans out there, too damn bad. I'm sick of jumping through hoops for the mighty Sony machine. The system have been a pain in the ass to develop for and there's no sign of it getting any easier. One must wonder why a lot of dev studios use Xbox as the developing platform for PS2! At least MS actually went around and asked developers what they would like to see in a dev station and actually provided a lot of tools to make development on their system a lot easier. Sony, on the other hand, believes in an open, blue sky approach. This is great if you have lots of time and money to make custom tools, but in this fast paced, money sucking, boom or bust industry, only developers with deep pockets or Sony's own "boys" can do that. Here's a bit of news for you: PS3 is not as powerful as you might think. Sony's propaganda machine is working quite well for those who have no hands on experience in games. BTW, the new PS3 dev machines are freaking huge and heavy, even bigger than the previous dev machine, which is unlike the 1 to 1 scale of the dev machines from MS. I have to say, the new Metal Gear looks damn good! But not enough for me to fork out a small fortune for one game!


092606
Why is it that when you have to do something that needs to be done, you procrastinate till the last minute. I'm having such a hard time trying to do some Nerb modeling for a friend. I think the problem stems from the fact that I'm in the middle of a slight crunch and I don't get home until late, then I'm tired and can't think straight. I sit in front of the computer trying to start, but can't. I think I will need to get to work earlier and then leave earlier, too. I can feel the stress levels rising day by day for the next five weeks.


092506


092406
The Days are getting shorter, and I wish I can fly! Sometimes I dream about flying, except that I am not in control. I would levitate tens of feet above ground and them start plummeting down to earth. I would then will myself from crashing and back up again, only to start descending again until I wake up in a cold sweat. The feeling of flying is still wonderful, that's why I am never afraid to fly.


092306


092206


092106


092006
Guitars are cool. That's all I have to say.


091906
I can't believe it's past the middle of the month already. It's like I've miss the past two weeks somehow, because I've done nothing worth noting. I think I am burnt out from work and really need an extended vacation or leave of absence. We are going final in six weeks on the PS3 port of Godfather and this will be the third crunch this year. So, yes, I am burnt like a match stick. No desire to work what so ever, but I have no choice at this point. Design's shoveling in more crap into the game than the 360 and in less time. Just great. Bad luck seems to come in waves and I'm in the middle of another one.


091806


091706
Way too pissed off to say anything this week. It wa extremely long and frustrating because of the morons that I work with.


091606


091506


091406


091306


091206
And the crunch begins again.


091106


091006
One of my favorite songs is Santana's Europa ( earth's cry heaven's smile). http://www.geocities.com/nttnme/misc/Europa.mp3 . I even bought a CD and song book with that song in it, so now I will try and play it as well, heh, heh. Much easier than that damn Canon Rock piece by JerryC. It's getting hard with all these sweeps and fast picking. Not there yet, but will keep trying.


090906
So There's this problem I'm having today with concentration on the work that I'm supposed to do. "Procrastination, when is it positive?" That's the phrase that's going through my head. It reminds me of an animated short about "procrastination". A cartoon character is getting ready to practice on the piano. But every time he sits in front of the piano, something distract him and the distractions causes the audience to laugh. That's how I'm feeling. I sit down in front of the computer to try and do some 3D modeling with nerbs, and I get distracted. It's either playing the guitar, or go water the plans, or replacing some strings, or on, and on, and on.... It's depressing, and I have to get beyond it! Doodle, doodle, doodle:p


090806


090706


090606
Another day of tiredness. This has got to stop!


090506
Tired, so tired.


090406


090306


090206
So this guitar thing is a lot on my mind. So far, I've only learned two sections of the Canon Rock piece. Sad, very sad, but I want to play! So I will see how far I can get, heh, heh.


090106

No comments: