Friday, December 01, 2006

a sketch a day - December

123106


123006


122906


122806


122706


122606


122506
Merry Christmas, everyone, and to all a good night.


122406


122306


122206


122106


122006
Today marks the first anniversary since I started this blog, YEA! That's 365 days ago and it also means that I have sketched up 365 sketches, too. I didn't really expect to keep this up for this long, but I really needed to try and do more art. Maybe it's become habit, and a good one too, I suppose. Need to work on more paintings and more time on the sketches themselves. That's the hard part, Time. I guess only time will tell.


121906


121806
Scream! Just scream! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!


121706
What an absolute waste of a beautiful day, I'm sure only one of the few left before the real rains start their annual trek across this region. I say it was a waste day because I had to spend it in the gloomy office. The big push is ON to get all bugs to zero before the holidays. I only had five easy bugs to kill by end of day Friday, but nearing the time for my departure home, ten bugs crawled into my cue before I left. I had little choice but to kill them today. And of course, such tasks always take longer than anticipated, and so a half days work turned into a full days work. Now there's only one.


121606

.
121506

.
121406

.
121306


121206
8;51;28PM
As I'm working away on reducing the memory stream size for one of the new "zones" for the WII port of Godfather, my nose was suddenly assaulted by one of the foulest of smells! It was so foul that the moment it touched my olfactory caused me to wince in disgust. I think a tear started to form from the pressure of my eyes closing shut. And as in the immortal words of the Discourser, "I just threw up in my mouth". My immediate reaction after that was to shoot an extremely dark look behind me through the other side of the cubical wall. There was no mistake as to where it came from. I can hear him munching away at the stench that he calls food. Four smells came to mind that made up this stench: rotten fish, shit, kimchi, and salt, what a combination! I’m all for bringing food from home to save a little cash, but obviously his sense of smell has been decimated from many years of eating this stuff. At first I thought I could just work through the fog, but even when my olfactory is numb from the constant assault, I can still smell it!
8:59:23PM

Can’t take it any more! The streams will have to wait till tomorrow morning. Hopefully the HVAC system will have cleared out the entire floor! If not, I'm taking a sick day. Homeward bound and more episodes of The Shield - season 4 - on DVD;)


121106

.
121006

.
120906

.
120806

.
120706

.
120606
Low. Lower than the deepest ocean.
.

120506
High. High as a kite.

.
120406

.
120306

.
120206
The past two weeks have been tough. Energy levels were quite low and so were my moods. I think I'm finally getting over it.

Thursday night was a friend's birthday and he wanted to go to La Fondue in Saratoga. I've never eaten fondue, so I didn't know what to expect except for a hefty bill at the end of the night - I was warned ahead of time. So the dinner came in three courses. The first course was fondue. We had chosen two types of cheeses as well as some salad. I was warned to go easy on the salad because one has to leave room for the main course and desert. They were not kidding. The Main course was an assortment of meats, poultry and fish chunks that we had to cook ourselves. All of it in garlic butter. The meats consisted of Buffalo, Elk, Beef, venison, and a couple of others I don't recall, along with two types of marinated chicken, tuna, and some other fish. The final course was desert. Desert was two choices of chocolates for dipping an assortment of fruits, marshmallows, cheese and rice crispy balls. By the end of the night, I had consumed enough fat and calories for an entire week, and the gaseous bubbling that began to fester in my tummy was ready to look for an exit! Unpleasant odors escaped all night long. Not fun!

.
120106

No comments: