Wednesday, March 01, 2006

a sketch a day - March

033106
Another unproductive day where the build is broken, again:( That and the wrap party for finally shipping the Godfather game, woohooo! Kinda strange to have it in the middle of the afternoon from two to five. Well, not really. We are on a very tight budget these days and I see no letting up, but it was fun. Everyone who worked on it got invited, even the people who were laid-off and left. It was kinda shitty, too, for you could not invite anyone, not even family:( Lame! But everyone got the limited edition of the game plus a strategy guide and a poster. Oh, yes, and free drinks and food for three hours at the Blue Chaulk cafe in Palo Alto! hahaha.


033006
Extremely tired today, for I had a sleepless night. Even though my mind was still asleep, my body decided that it was time to get up at six in the morning! No matter what I tried to do to get back to sleep, it was uncomfortable. So I went to work at seven and now I’m ready to take a twelve-hour nap, heh.


032906
An absolutely unproductive day at work, oh, yeah. Don't need any more of these! I guess you can say that I should have just taken the entire day off instead of half a day to do things outside of work. Had a hard time with the portrait sketch, too. Just could not get the proportions quite right, even with two attempts. My apologies to the model. I'll try harder next time;)


032806
I've been quite concerned about the quality of the people at work recently. My concern stems from the fact that since the layoff a month ago, there has been a steady stream of senior people leaving for other work. These are good people. They know what it is that they do and they do it well. I guess I don't really blame them. I mean, things are just not chellanging here at the collective headquarters. It's a big corporation, and things tend to drag on, and on, due to the collective decision making from the top down. There are manager levels upon manager levels and things just get lost along that way. People are put into an assembly line fashion durning production cycles, and there tends to be a lot of bottlenecks in the line, hahaha. It's no fault of their own, it's just that when you get too specialized in any one task, there's going to be bottlenecks, period. But this is way simplifying things at work, so don't quote me on this:p No team every works at the same rate for months at a time, let alone the same pace;) But I'm off the subject. Anyway, a fellow co-worker asked " Do you think we're sell-outs for staying?" With a laugh, I replied " I don't know. Why do you ask?" For his answer " Well, it's just that all these senior people are leaving. So and so is leaving soon, and so and so left, when, blaa, blaa, blaa..." For which I replied, with a pause " Yeah, we're sell-outs." HAHAHAHA For his reply " Oh, dude, that's mest up! I don't want to hear that! What are we doing here, then? " " I told you, we're sell-outs. " HAHAHAHA Yes, it was a good laugh for the both of us;) We may be sell-outs, but we, ahhh.....pay our bills! Ah.......yeah. We'll have to pick this up at another time:)


032706


032606
Too tired to coordinate any poses today, so I will have to do, hahaha. These portraits are a bit stiff, so I'm going to have to ask people to look at me and smile a little, hee, hee. Lets see how uncomfortable that will make me feel, dugh!


032506


032406


032306


032206
Another day, and my computer is still not working properly. This is very inconvienant.



032106
"NTLDR missing" Well, isn't that nice? My OS decided to go on vacation without giving me any notice, leaving me with an extraordinary sense of, how should I put this? Bloody anger, for I can not even repair the damage due to to the fact that the C drive is no longer accessible, even through DOS. And so, with a sleepless night, a reinstall of the OS was required. This definitely puts a dampener on the daily event of updating this site. I had to scramble around at work looking for a scanner for yesterdays sketch of Dan, and do my update at work. Today was no easy task either. Even though I have installed the OS, Windows kept restarting right before the desktop. I finally figured out that it was the crappy ATI display software that was doing it. An un-install of that software took care of the restart crash. Now I can't upload images from my computer for some other software is missing, because I can't see the buttons in the blogger menue. So to get this image up, I had to transfer it to a flash card and put it on another computer. And, so, here it is. Quite a bit more work then it should have been. I just hope tomorrow will be back to normal. Not a very good start of the week:p


032006


031906
The Friends series has begun! So all you friends out there are going to get a call from me and help me out. Think of this as a good cause to help me with my hand/eye coordination. This is only going to take ten to fifteen minutes, so it's not that painful. So, you can't run, and you can't hide, for I'm a coming to find you, where ever you may hide;)
p.s. DISCLAIMER - don't expect perfect resemblances, either. Not yet, anyway, heh, heh, heh:)


031806


031706


031606
What an exhausting night at fencing class. Didn't help that I skipped out last week, and now I pay the piper. Stay after class to fence some of the other fencers, and got quite a work out. Half way through the bouts, I find myself huffing and puffing like a mad man, while the other guy didn't even break a sweat! Bastard! Obviously he fences a lot more, so his endurance is high. Well, I'm working my way there! Point control, point control point control!


031506
Here we are, the Eides of March and I didn't draw something appropriate in memory of Caesar's death like I was planning to!:( Oh well.


031406
My little apple doll "Irae"


031306


031206
"Louis" from the Roly Polys collection.


031106
When I was at school and taking "small business management", the teacher brought in a guess speaker who's his formal student. This former student had started his business and was fairly successful at it. The only thing I really remember from his visit was how he named his company. He said something to the fact that when he was working, the attitude out in the "real" world was thick with competition. So when it came to naming his new company, it was easy. He named it "Shark Productions" because he said you have to be aggressive and willing to do what it takes to get the jobs. I guess I don't really have what it takes, so I'm a more of a friendly shark, but don't piss me off for I'm still a shark! Maybe. hahaha


031006


030906


030806
Ok, I know people have seen persons of this dress! I'm sorry, but these guys just crack me up! They're like, living in the glory days of old, right? That fashion statement was cool during the entrepreneur days of the 80's. But when you've got a fat gut, and balled, and still sporting a pony tale? The Hawaiian shirt over a long sleeved t-shirt is just stupid looking, espacially with the jeans and sandals. And the ear ring, that's got to take the cake! I guess they just don't look in the mirror anymore.


030706


030606
Well, looks like I'm beginning to take more time with these so called "sketches". I guess I'm getting into doing them. What usually takes five minutes are now taking twenty plus for the extra shading. Let's see how long I can keep this going for the month, Ha!


030506


030406


030306


030206


030106

No comments: