Tuesday, February 14, 2012

blog - February 1312

Been a rough couple of weeks at work, and now's the final stretch for end of the week.

This is going to be another rough week as well.  Not so much at work, well, maybe, depends on whether everyone can get the work done , and hopefully without killing ourselves in the process.

The post card layout for next months' art show is done and ready to go to printers.  Good thing I'm a little paranoid about things such as this ( things that I don't want to f-up on).  These things always scare me because I don't want hundreds of printed material going out to the public with stupid mistakes on them that I have made.  That would be embarrassing.  So, with a final check, I found that I had left out the address of the gallery - now that would be a rookie move, and we can't have any of that.

The layout was all put together yesterday afternoon, but the layout was thought about weeks ago.  Since I sent out a "call for entries" email to the entire studio last year, I wanted an appropriate name for the show.  Took a little thinking but I think the title I chose works.

"facets"

I chose this name because I see the studio as a "diamond in the rough".  A lot of talented and passionate people who love what we do and wants to be the best at it.  Like facets of a diamond, that gives it it's brilliance and sparkle, so does the people that make up this studio.

We have people from all departments joining in the show, so it's not just artists.  We have audio, lighting, programming, and even the head of the studio, he started as an artist way back when.

I don't want anything to go wrong.

And, so, I think I'll leave the final check of the post card layout in the morning before sending it out, when I'm not so tired from a full days work.










one...


must...


paint...


paint...


paint...

No comments: