In at work on a Saturday. It's been a long while since I had to work on a Saturday.
I guess the holidays are truly over...sadness, haha.
But when alpha's here and I'm behind on my workload, guess what, time to get it done. It's just that I'm not that into work right now.
That's gota change.
The paintings are starting to take shape, and I really want to put more time into them. It would be nice to quit and just paint and work on projects, but can't do any of that without a job - I am truly grateful for that. A lot of people are out of work these days, and the jobs are fewer and far between.
The show's another month away and there's still so much to do; Have to start figuring out the framing of the paintings. How much wood to get, what kind? I think I'll try birch this year. They're a little cheaper without looking cheap when finished, that's always a good thing:) Going to need to buy glass as well, because the paintings will not be dry by day of hanging.
Have to start thinking about the layout of the post cards that's required for the show: five hundred, minimum, probably will need to print out two thousand, depending on how many people want to take for themselves to send out.
This show should be pretty good. There's going to be a wide variety of pieces; drawings, paintings, sculpture, prints, and photos, maybe even something digital.
Which is why I need to get the new router table set up asap, so i can make the frames and other trim work more efficiently and save the one thing that will not slow down - time, haha.
This will also speed up the completion of the closet work space; need to get the back board/table extension put it. Lighting solution. floor boards and base boards, to match the ones made for the hallway, installed. Then a storage bench that works double duty as storage for closet stuff and a chair for the table.
So many things need to get done.
I feel my time is running out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment