Finally started working on the paintings for next march. It's been a downer since the start of the holiday season, so I've been procrastinating for a while.
I think this might be a little ambitious, but there's going to be seven pieces going on at once for the next two months; six for the show and one for a friend that I did a trade with - I think that one's coming along nicely.
I've decided that there will always be a Buddha painting in every series of paintings I do from now on. I guess I'm going to have to do more Buddha photography on my travels to Asia somewhere.
Today's the day that all the panels were penciled in and ready for under painting. Two have already been started.
As always, oils takes a while to paint. This is both a blessing and a curse; a curse due to the drying time, and a blessing because it gives me time to look at the paintings with fresh eyes every time I go back to paint.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment