Friday, June 12, 2009

sketches - June 1209


It's been a trying week filled with the sickness that is the common cold, at least that's what it seems like anyway. Caught the damnable thing from the Warden, who got it from fatigue and snoring all night long last Wednesday. I could hear the sawing of logs from his room - he confirmed the illness the next day. Although I had suggested to him that if he did not feel well, to stay home and recover. But he did not head my advice and came up to hang out. As always, it was great to hang with the Warden, but when he left, he did not take everything with him - and he admitted so! I felt the disease Monday morning with a slight sore throat. First thing that I did, after cursing the foo, was to start eating raw garlic. Yes, raw garlic, with food of course. Can't eat those things raw without burning all the taste buds and setting the nerves on fire - pure torture! I do believe they did help quite a bit because the symptoms were relatively mild compared to what a cold usually felt like.

Took Tuesday off because I didn't want to get anyone at work sick and get blamed for it. Pretty much stayed in bed all day to try and recover. Throat felt sore but was not "sand paper" sore like it usually gets when I catch a cold. More garlic with all meals I ate. Woke up Wednesday soaked in sweat, but felt well enough to go to work. The rest of the day was uneventful, the same for Thursday and Friday.
.
Went climbing Saturday with a couple of co-workers at the Planet Granite in the City. It was Gorgeous day in the Marina District. Had lunch together then chilled for the evening.
.
It was hard getting up Sunday morning when the jogging friend called around ten in the morning. Postponed that jog til noon and we completed eight miles, woohoo! The rest of the day was just trying to relax for the coming week at work. I'm going to need it because we have a big push for a milestone at the end of the month. I'm anticipating long days and nights. Can't wait for the upcoming Mendocino trip! Did laundry, chores, and though I received the new rotors for the other half's car, did not get a chance to put them on. That will have to wait for the following week.
.
End of transmission...

2 comments:

Leaded Coffee said...

Yah man, I'm still recovering from my illness. Congested somewhat, but I went to work that entire week by sheer willpower alone. Blasted myself with garlic, vitamins, and enough fluids to fill an elephant bladder.

supergoober said...

Garlic!?!? And raw? You guys must stink to high heaven. And remember NTT, we're hitting the track this Sunday!!!! Woohoo!!