Monday, September 22, 2008

sketches - September 2208

This is Monday of the second week back to work and it has been dog slow. Mentally, I am still on vacation in need of more rest. Although things are slow here in the office, there's lots of work to do for the Marketing department. I have to touch up and enhance some screen shots of creatures from our game to be used for web promotions - not very exciting work, but I got my share to complete by end of day tomorrow.

I guess there's lots of buzz around this project, and from all the emails that went out regarding awards here and there, I'm still not convinced that this game will be big because seeing is believing. I do truly hope that Dead Space becomes a huge hit and a big seller because then the second one could be more fun than the first - keeping my fingers crossed, though it may be more of the same, sigh.

As for the Fiat, got it temporary patched up. Seems the problem was not the differential, but the U-joint bearings. They were so old that they seized up and that caused too much stress to the drive shaft bearings, which in turn failed causing gear oil to spray all around the connection and the low rumble sounds that I was hearing. I only hope that the drive from San Francisco was not too damaging to the differential. The mechanic indicated that the drive shaft was a little bent and that I should not drive it too hard. A replacement would be around eight bills, ouch. Additional work starts on the eighth of October where both back brakes get an overhaul with new calipers, pads, and rotors. There's only five percent left in the current pads and there's a slow leak from the right, rear caliper, hence the decision to get it fixed now, rather then finding out about it when it breaks while I'm driving - been there, done that, not fun. This will set me back a grand!

The clean-up efforts for the garage is going well, it's half done and soon, I will start making some stuff again, woo, hoo! The rest of the house is relatively clean, all that's left is mopping the floors in the kitchen and bath rooms in preparation for the return of the Wife this Friday before taking off North with the GM. Plans for this evening is a thirty minute jog and off to the local book store for a sketching session, which will be put up afterwords when it's scanned in. Don't know if the Goober will be reading this today, if so, and are still interested, should join.

epilogue

The jog went well. Went four miles and breathing was steady with hart rate around one-sixty. Got home, took a shower and made dinner, ate and then headed to the book store, but was not feeling it tonight. The drawings were hard to establish, so after struggling through a few crappy attempts, decided to go home.

Until next time
Be seeing you

1 comment:

supergoober said...

Just caught up on your blog. Sorry, I've been super ill with fever so your Monday invitation to sketch didn't get to me in time. 4 miles?! That's awesome! I have to stop 4 times when my wife and I do that distance. We still break after each mile for a minute. We can't do the distance otherwise. Talk to you later!