Sunday, July 06, 2008

sketches - July

072308
Went out today and attempted to do a landscape painting with a classmate. I think it turned out a lot better than I thought, which is always good. We went to paint at the Crystal Springs Reservoir and the day was quite beautiful. There was a slight breeze and the sun was shinning and not a cloud in the sky. Unfortunately, I forgot to wear a long sleeve shirt so I got a slight sunburn on my left arm – won’t do that again. Since I had a pre-stretched canvas laying around, that’s what I painted on, and I like it. The canvas just feels nicer to paint on than a hard surface, such as masonite or luan, which are much cheaper to use.

I think my computer needs an upgrade, because I’m having a hell of a hard time trying to use the browser. Both IE and Firefox have problems connecting to my email accounts as well as this blog site. It just hangs whenever I try to edit my existing blog entries, so I have to transfer images from computer to computer via USB flash drive – major downer! I’m going to need the Warden and Craftsman’s’ help on getting a new computer built before things get back to normal...


071508
Just hear from one of the talented artist from EA Shanghai this evening. His name is Johnny Sun and he's one hell of a sculptor. Talk about a goob, he's totally into his hobby of model building and sculpting - puts both the GM and me to shame. I find it funny how much he was like the two of us when I first met him, and I think the GM would love to meet him and check out his workshop. He would be totally into airsoft if it weren't for the fact that replica guns are totally illegal in China. Here's a little sample of the latest thing that he's been working on. I got mine on personal order, muahahahaha! The photos were taken with his new Canon 40D DSLR
http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82783%0D

070608
Hooked up with the sketching friend at our usual sketch place - Borders. Drawings are a bit rusty, though, after such a long hiatus. Going to try and get back into the daily sketching habit, but it might take a little motivation. I guess it will be just one day at a time. Also got the itching for painting as well, so I will have to get psyched up for that too:)

3 comments:

Cameron Chun said...

Hey Steve, good to see you getting it cranking again : )

Steve T. said...

It's funny that the guns are illegal, because the biggest selling guns right now are Echo 1's from China......basically TM/CA clones.

supergoober said...

Johnny Sun is a GOD bro! Holy SHIT...amazing talent!