Sunday, June 01, 2008

sketches - June

063008
Camping this past weekend was good. The only complaint was the weather. What was supposed to be nice warm weather turned out to be kinda chilly and over cast, but that didn't stop us from enjoying it anyway. There were lots of food and lots good company - eight in all! I really enjoyed the hike through the redwood and fern forest that we camped in. Due to the many forest fires up and down the state, a lot of smoke hung heavily around the region, causing the sun to cast an interesting orange-ish light that made everything look like sunset in the middle of the day. All of which made for interesting picture taking. It was sad to have to leave Mendocino coast so soon, but at least I had a chance to do a little sketching. of rave boy's gf, who was kind enough to stay still for fifteen minutes or so.


062408
It's been over a week since I've been back home, and wow, it's been totally awesome! The weather has been great and I've been lazy. I've been so exhausted, but it's comforting to know that you have all your familiar stuff around you and you're not going anywhere soon. But, let me tell you about the crazy trip home after I've finished writing it, hahaha.

This is one of first drawings that I did since I've gotten back. Sad that there's only a few. I am going to try and start the daily sktches again soon, I hope.


060408
The past three days have been absolute misery due to the cold. The virus attacked my system all day Monday and by evening, my whole body and joints ached and I had to leave work early. That night I had to break out the NyQuil that's been sitting dormant on the kitchen shelf ever since I got to this place eight months ago - I was hoping that I would not have to open it before I leave. Oh, well, so much for that. Tuesday was a little better, but I was still in a weaken state of being. I got to work late, around noon, and had to leave early due to the soreness of my throat. Again, I went straight to bed with a full dose of NyQuil along with some pain killers for my throat. Cold sweats blanketed me all night long and well into the next morning. Again, I was very late to work and arrived after lunch. Though a little better, hopefully the worst of it is over and I can be on the road to recovery before the weekend.

060208
One week left, and I am totally looking forward to it. First ting to do is to take in the blue sky's over the Bay Area and to start the mass late Spring cleaning that needs to happen before I can finally settle down to a, hopefully, relaxing week to unwind. The house needs a long neglected dusting to get rid of the mass dust buddy infestations under the furniture and vacuumed, and the back yard needs a major weeding. The last time I was back, the weeds were taller than I was - quite scary! But, at least I was able to uncover the patio furniture, and scrape off the thick layer of algae that's been growing uncontrollably on the glass of the fish tank. One thing that will be a pleasure to do is to uncover my little red Fiat Spider and take it for a long drive in the mountains, heh, heh. We might just have to install some new custom 10" vented disk brakes that I've been itching to do for the longest time, but we'll have to see what that damage would be to the pocket book, if the wife does not object, for safety of course! There will also have to be a day of BBQ with the GOG to celebrate the long absence next weekend, so for those GOGs that have been keeping tabs on this site, apologies for the spotty entries, mark it down on your calenders! And, finally, heading into the office for the final stretch from Alpha to Beta.

As usual, I can not view this blog myself due to the site being blocked!!!

be seeing you





No comments: