Tuesday, January 01, 2008

sketches - January

012808
Looked out my window this morning to see what appears to be rain. What was unusual was the fact that the parked cars below had a light covering of snow. when I left for the ten minute walk to work, I find that the rain is actually light hale and my walk to work was through slushy ice. By lunch time the hale had turned to heavy snow for about fifteen minutes, now all the roof tops of the city looks like a winter wonderland. Crazy.

012708
The weather here is quite cold of late, it snowed all day yesterday! From what people are telling me, it hasn't snowed like this for over six years. Yesterday was also the only day that I had to get some shopping done before I leave for the bay area next Friday. Got two stone pots, one for K-bong and significant other, and one for the goober for his b-day. Picked up a bronze Buddha head for myself as well as an old clay tea pot. There were more I wanted to pick up from this one table of dealers, but the owner was not there. I'll have to check again some other time. I want to take a ceramics class and make my own, one of these days, when this project is over. Back in the office today, since people are working over the weekend because they're taking vacation, starting next week, to go back to their families to celebrate Chinese New Year. I think the office will start to get empty by the end of next week.

011408
Well, I just can't keep this daily sketching going anymore, not because I don't want to, because I just don't have the time any more. Being on this, supposedly, "four month" tour of duty for the company, has turned out to be quite taxing on my personal life - I'm in a perpetual crunch mode for the next six months, and my tour has been extended to the end of the content creation here across the Pacific. I am also not a happy camper for the moment because I'm just recovering from a case of food poisoning. I think it was the cold vegetable dish that did it while doing some training up in Beijing for an outsourcing partner - no more uncooked food! I am burnt, and I want to go home, dam it!


011308


010408


010308


010208


010108
And another year ends, how sad to see it go. I hope this year will be a better one for everyone, who knows? Seems like some of us have had a hard ending and are still uncertain as to what's going to come next. Big congrats to some with new buns in the oven. This has been a great week of rest and relaxation for me, but it is way too short. For most, tomorrow is the first day of work, no big deal, except I won't be driving, but getting on a plane to my cube across the sea, fun, fun.

No comments: