Sunday, December 02, 2007

a sketch a day - December

123107


123007


122907


122807


122707


122607


122507
Last week was just pure crazy as Murphy turned his ugly head and stamped my forehead with his name. One thing that has always been a pain working in Shanghai, is the fear that the Home Office checks in a broken build, because that means there's a good chance that we could be shut down for a day, and there's no one around who can fix it. There's no way to verify any new work, and so people are forced to slow down within an all ready tight schedule. Not fun. If last Thursday was any indication of things to come, we're going to be in a worlds of hurt. Here's a brief description of the things that went wrong;

Wednesday morning:
Went into the office and started syncing all the new data for our build from the Home Office. A few minutes later, one of the artist raised his hands and indicated that his, proprietary Maya tool for our complex pipeline, is not working. Oh, what could that be, pray tell, let me take a look? Anyway, to make a long story short, I tried a lot of things and finally tracked down the reason - broken code from that morning's check-in by the Home Office. As artists started to come in, more of them had broken tools - this is not good; the TAD is off to Beijing setting up another studio, and I'm no tools expert. The only thing I could do was to revert some of the tools to the previous day and hope that nothing breaks because of it. That got six of the artist going by that afternoon, but only one had other problems and could not be fixed until the next day. One of the artist here checked in some broken data at the end of the day, causing me many hours looking into the problem. i didn't get home until midnight.

Thursday:
Went into the office and find out that the link that was sent to me the previous day was the wrong one, which explains why it didn't work. Th rest of the day was spent on fixing other issues. Another day gone.

And, so I have had no time to do the daily sketch and have mist a few.

Be seeing you.


122407


122307


122207


121707


121607


121507


121407


121307


121207


121107


121007


120907


120807


120707


120607


120507


120407


120307


120207


120107
This has been one hell of a long week, so long that it feels like I've been back for several week because I can barely remember what happen, except that I have been work super long hours and didn't get home til midnight on Wednesday. I have also been working the past two days, that is the weekend, playing catch up for all the missing work that I've miss last week. Am I having fun, yet? I think not. I just want to zone out and do nothing for a month!

1 comment:

supergoober said...

Dude, practice Malmsteen's Blackstar opening. I'm listening to it right now. You can do it mank!