
053006

052906

052806
This weekend is what my friend Dan calls the "four day Geek-vention" held at the Burlingame Hyatt Regency. You can read all about his thoughts on this by clicking on the link on the right: dansdiscourse . One of the first sightings of the kind of attendees, as I was walking up to the hotel to hang with my friends at Kublacon, was so disturbing I had to sketch him up. To say that some people just never got out of their basements for most of their lives could be an understatement. If you think that I am making the characature up, you are gravely mistaken, hahaha.

052706
What a bad day for painting. The model never showed up and only five people showed up, including myself. So instead of a wasted day of non-productivity, I volunteered and posed for the four artist. Sitting for three thirty minute poses was not easy, for the pose that I took caused my hands and left foot to go to sleep, hahaha. Makes one more appreciative of what models go through when they do their poses.

052606

052506
Okay, still a bit out of it today after logging in a fifteen hour day. I am stuck with the grunt job of placing fire escapes on buildings along with signs and awnings all day in what's called the "art polish" two-day turn-around time. This is a thankless and uncreative task that should be delegated to monkeys! It's so monotonous that I want to tear my hair out by the end of the night. It leaves me short tempered and crass, AHHHHH!. I'm so loopy, in fact, that I thought today was the first of June. This date is significant because Episode One for Half Life 2 will be out, which it is not. What a fool I am. I can't wait to buy it and play it! Seven days and counting, muahahahahaha!.....ya

052406
Have one of those weird days when I feel frazzled. It's like people are staring at you and whispering to their friends "that guy is weird, let's not get too close. He might want to interact, or something". How bizarre. Is it my face? Do I give off a strange appearance? Is there something growing on it? Is it the way I walk, with one leg dragging behind? Or maybe it's the way I have my hand kinked and bent inward toward my chest. Is it the twitching of my eye? I'm sure people do that all the time, right? Mine are just a little more pronounced. What's so wrong about that? Perhaps I'm not the most attractive guy around, but that doesn't mean I'm not attractive to somebody, right? I have feelings, too, just like everybody else. I, too, have a need and desire to "belong". I'm not a monster, I'm a human being, damn it! Take me for who I am.....please.

052306
This has been a really long fourteen hour day of monotonous work that puts people to sleep. But someone has to do it.

052206

052106

052006
It's been twenty three years since we've met, and tomorrow will be your b-day. You have been generous and supportive to all of us geeks for all these many years. You've been there for all of us in our time of need and I have to say, thank you very much. So for tomorrow, I hope that you can feel the appreciation from all of us with the gathering of your geeky friends.

051906

051806

051706

051606

051506

051406
Back from E3 in LA and I am tired. Graphics this year were quite spectacular, can't say the same for game play for a lot of them; same old boring shooters and hack and slash clones. Lost Planet looks promising and so does the latest Splinter cell. Seeing the shell of the new PS3 was a bit disappointing for it's bigger than an Xbox360. As for Nintendo's "WII", well, I was not going to stand in line for hours-on-end just to look at a video. Can't wait for the new Final Fantasy XII. Next years show should be a lot better?

051406 for 051306

051406 for 051206

051406 for 051106

051006
Looked through the video game news sites today and they were very exciting to see! There are so many new and great looking games that are being shown at this years E3, so I can't wait to check them all out when I get there. This is exciting, for I have not been to an E3 convention for quite some time. The previous years just didn't do anything for me, nothing grabbed my attention. The new Metal Gear Solid 4 game trailer looked spectacular! Chances are that the footages were in-game footages. This is significant because when the trailer for Metal Gear Solid 2 came out, people could not believe what they saw were in-game footage, but a pre-rendered cinematic. They were wrong! All were in-game, muahahahaha! But I don't know if I'm willing to fork over five bills for a stripped down game console, let alone six for all the bells and whistles:( Oh, well, guess I'll just have to use the ones at work, hee, hee.

050906

050806
Finally, some apps are re-installed, enough to scan and update with the latest sketch. I think I'll forgo the rest of the apps until I get back from E3, oh yeah, baby, oh yeah! Going to check out the latest games coming out for the next-gen consoles and see what's there to look forward to, or not, hee, hee. I guess there will not be any updates this Thursday through Saturday. New sketches will be uploaded Sunday the 14th. Who knows, maybe the OS will take another crapper, at which point this computer will be thrown out and replaced, HA! Oh, yes, a thirteen hour day, well more like eleven, not counting gym time, hee, hee:p

050806 for 050706
This post is late because the OS decided to take a trip south for the winter, or rather, spring. I think the HD is crappy and, to try and avoid this frustrating event again in the near future, I have installed another HD that's been lying around and put the OS on that. Hopefully this will fix it for good, but i'm not keeping my fingers crossed. Scanning from work today (050806) and updating from the weekend. Re-installing all necessary software tonight, again! BAAAAAA!

050806 for 050606

050506

050406

050306
Strange love. What is strange love? Is it just strange people loving other strangers, or is it just something not accepted by sociaty, or rather, a "strange" sociaty? Or, maybe I'm still just brain dead and can't think of anything interesting to draw, hahaha.....ya:-I Only eleven hours today. Getting better, HA!

050206
Another long work day ending after a little over fifteen hours. Definitely affected my sketch for I was brain dead when I drew it at work, HA! Something has to be done about this crazy schedule tomorrow:p

050106
What a way to start off the first day of may but with a thirteen hour work day, yeah! I would rant on if not for Mr. sandman knocking on the back of my eye balls. So tired, must sleep, for tomorrow is another long day.
3 comments:
Cool site, nice sketches
I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»
Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»
Post a Comment