Tuesday, April 01, 2008

sketches - April

042108
This Friday marks the third instalment of a four parter of mile stones and I am hoping that we actually hit it solid in the face! Current major issues are the budgets for one of the levels Shanghai is doing. It's pretty damn ugly and it needs to be tamed in four days. We've made a good pass so far, but needs to cut another five or so percent. Anyway, this past weekend the AAD and I participated in a team outing, arranged by the Company for the team, to an old village, XiTang, an hour and a half outside of the main city. This little village on a river is supposedly a thousand years old. This is also the village that MI3 was filmed in. But ofcourse, the weather was crap with overcast and rain. It would have been a lot nicer if the sun was out.

Saturday night saw the team gathered at a local bar, one of, surprisingly, many within this little village. There were lots of drinking, and not surprisingly, the most by the two "foreigners" in the group. I, of course have controlled myself and did not want a repeat of the first visit by the AAD a month back, where I prayed to the porcelain thrown. This time it was the other way around, and it was glorious, and I have pictures to prove it, heh, heh.

040108
The last mile stone was quite good with all things considering - we're only one week late! Now the big problem becomes getting the budget down for all the levels, so we don't crash and break the build once all the audio, game play, and effects goes in. We have a grace period for now so we have better cut geometry aggressively, otherwise things will get ugly!

The AAD's going to be here Thursday and he better bring me the Macallan 18 that he keeps promising to bring me. He has a pretty bad track record for following through on what he says he's going to do outside of work, so we'll see...

On a brighter note: I'm actually able to see the blog site! Woohoo. Now to try and catch up on all the blogs that I'm not able to see from the other goobers in the group.

Just read "The Funniest Thirty Seconds in Geeking" by the Discourser, hahaha! That was some funny adventuring, almost like some of the dangerous ones way back when in the dungeons of old, doh!. Oh, how I wish I was there to partake in the mass slaughter of an entire party in thirty seconds due to just plain bad luck. This should be made into a short animation or comic strip, hahaha.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, You rested are too late .Pays attention to the body please~~

supergoober said...

nice pics bro.